Breakups can be an absolutely heart-wrenching place to be in. All the ups and downs, dark days, lonely nights where it all comes back again, all these feelings… it gets the best of us. Here are 33 quotes for you to gain perspective, get over him and decide that you deserve to heal!
1. Breakups don’t just happen. There was a conversation. An agreement. A finality. And it stemmed from one or two unresolved problems.
If your relationship ended recently, I need you to remember: It didn’t just happen. There was an exact moment when your partner actively decided to end things with you. There were some non-negotiables and he didn’t want to try to make it work.
2. If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello- Paulo Coelho
So, if this guy decided to give up on the relationship- he wasn’t meant for it in the first place. Kiss him goodbye. Because, guess what? Someone new is about to enter.
Letting go can be difficult. But it is worth all the effort.
3. Do not beg for what does not want to stay
4. Don’t cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
My clients in the coaching program always tell me they ignored red flags and kept compromising, only because they were so involved in the relationship. They were invested, emotionally, physically, mentally.
It gets incredibly difficult to walk out of something toxic when you’re so far in. But you can’t keep walking on for a long time with someone who keeps violating your boundaries and doing what hurts you.
5. Breakups hurt. But losing someone who doesn’t appreciate and respect you is actually a gain, not a loss
6. You don’t lose a good man. You lose a man who’s not good for you – Steve Harvey
Sometimes, you just have to trust that the right man will come in. Crying over people who left just means that you don’t believe the coming of the right man.
7. Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see it.
Just in case you needed to hear it: You are absolutely capable of love and you are valuable.
Also read: 4 Things that are stopping you from moving on after your breakup
8. No relationship is a waste of time. If it didn’t bring you what you want, it taught you what you don’t.
Here’s a journal prompt: Take time to think of a few things that your broken relationship taught you.
9. If you can love the wrong person so much, imagine how much you can love the right one
10. In order to heal, you must stay away from what broke you
11. It’s never a failure if you learn something from it – Ashley Hetherington
12. If life can remove someone you never dreamed of losing, it can replace them with someone you never dreamed of having
13. Realize that you had a life before them and you can have a life after them. You just have to find yourself again. – Sonya Parker
14. Some things break your heart, but fix your vision
15. This is the beginning of loving yourself. Welcome home
Your breakup can be the worst thing happening to you. But it can also be a place to start taking care of yourself, doing things you didn’t when you were in a relationship and building yourself to be who you want to be.
No more walking on eggshells, guessing, mind games and any of that, Use this time for yourself.
16. The best thing about life is that everything I’ve ever lost has been replaced with something better. I never lack, I just transition.
Telling yourself that this breakup isn’t the end of the world can go a long way. Feel all the feelings and then let it go.
17. Not all storms come to disrupt your life. Some come to clear your path
18. Don’t give up now. Chances are, your best kiss, your hardest laugh and your greatest day are still yet to come – Atticus
19. A breakup from someone will either make you realize how much you truly miss/love them or how much peace you have without them- Jay Shetty
Now that you’re out of that relationship, be honest with yourself. Take out all the masks and stop covering all the faults you saw.
Check out this video by Jay Shetty
20. When someone leaves, it’s usually because someone else is about to arrive- Paulo Coelho
You’re not even ready for what’s coming. Stop holding on to something that’s gone. Better things are on their way for you.
21. The work you do for yourself becomes your gift to everyone around you
I love to remind my girls in The Ex Factor (my coaching program) about how taking 1 step towards their healing, cultivating self-care and learning to become the best versions of themselves can be a blessing to their future husband. kids when they become mommies, and their entire families.
So many women today, are hurting from different pains and we don’t want to add to that. Healing your beautiful heart will be a blessing to everyone around you. And most importantly- YOU.
22. It is okay to quit on a man who is not even trying. You deserve more effort
Raise those standards, please. Thank you.
23. You must find courage to leave the table if respect is no longer being served – Tene Edwards
24. Don’t let him have the satisfaction of knowing you’ll always be waiting
Your life is important. Walking away from someone who doesn’t treat you like that is a need.
25. 5 years from now, he’ll be nothing but a memory. Don’t let him destroy you. – R. H. Sin
As bad and cruel as it might sound, your ex was not meant to be in your life. If he was, he would’ve stayed. So, come to think of it: he’s really not worth your time anyway. Especially now that you’re not in a relationship with him.
It’s okay that it hurts. But that’s not your excuse to make your days miserable, fight the pain and become something your highest self wouldn’t have wanted to be.
26. If the feelings were mutual, the efforts would’ve been equal
27. It took letting go to realize I was holding on to nothing – r h sin
Read that again.
28. You will never have to chase what wants to stay with you. Don’t forget that
29. You need to realize he doesn’t care. And you could be missing out on someone who does
Sis, do you understand how you’re blocking someone out of your life by stubbornly holding on to your ex? The right person could meet you on the next date you decide to go on.
But what happens if you shut yourself out, ‘say all men are bad’ and decide not to go?
30. You never really see how toxic someone is until you breathe fresher air
31. Nothing takes more courage than putting yourself back together again
It’s going to be difficult. Not at all easy. Bad days, tears, hurt- lots of it. But perhaps that very thing can be your ultimate breakthrough in life. Have you ever thought of it?
Now is the time to stop focusing on some boys. Get back home and put yourself together.
32. When you hit the pillow tonight, remind yourself that you’ve done a good job. Be patient with yourself and remember that big things are achieved not all at once, but one day at a time.
Take this season one day at a time. Be patient and loving with yourself.
Wasn’t that a huge dose of pink perspective and inspiration? My girl, I see you. You’re going through a lot- its heartbreaking.
However, from where I sit, I see a courageous girl, waking up everyday and trying once again with all her might to be okay. And that is magnificent. There will be ups and downs, but you matter. Never give up on yourself. She needs all the love you can offer.
If you need extra support and a breakup bestie on your ultimate journey of moving on and cutting off all the toxic baggage, check out The Ex Factor and other services I offer. I’ll be more than happy to see you go from